Wednesday 30 June 2010

EVERYDAY MINERALS SMOKEY EYES COLLECTION & SWATCHES



I was so excited when my postman delivered this through the door. First of all the packaging, how cute is that. I felt like a child at Xmas as i untied the string and unwrapped these little gems.

The collection of smokey eye colours costs just $12 from EVERYDAY MINERALS and includes 5 trials sized shadows/ liners and a full size smudge eye brush which is perfect for both lining the eye and smoking out the shadow in the crease.
Here are my swatches of the products:

Sweet woodruff is a charcoal grey shade is mostly matte with just a sprinkle of shimmer

I'm keeping your CD's is a stunning deep green colour this beautiful liner is just brimming with sparkle.

Weeping willow is my favourite at first glance. It looks a little darker blue in real life. A deep midnight blue with a hint of shimmer and notes of grey and purple.

Smokey is a matte grey/brown liner which looks really deep and sultry

Postcards is a Medium gray-green matte eye liner which somehow reminds me of army combats and autumn.

I was so excited when this kit arrived that i couldn't wait to try it out.
I only had a tiny amount of mascara on, no liner so when this arrived i picked out weeping willow and using the brush in the kit applied it straight onto my eyes and smudged some under as a liner. Then i blended a little with my fingers lol
So remember this is just the 1 shadow and 1 brush. No extra mascara, lashes liner etc

Before:
After:

The colour was so easy to blend i cant wait to try these out properly but first impressions are excellent. Do you girls have any everyday minerals products? and if so what are your favourites?

7 comments:

  1. Wow that looks promising !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good :D
    I like the look you created.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god they are AMAZING!!! I especially love I;m keeping your CDs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an intense look with just one colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the look of i'm keeping your cd's. may have to pick this set up too. I'm loving my Everyday Minerals at the minute xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know keeping your CD's is really pretty its even more shimmery in real life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love EM! I use a base product for eyeshadow that gives super staying power: Monistat Anti-chafing gel. It's available at Wal-Mart for about $6 and is the same ingredient as Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx