Friday 17 June 2011

Disco Diva Hair Fever!

Hi there gorgeous girlies!
Today's post is one that i have been wanting to write for ages. I showed a couple of photos on twitter of my hair of which i got loads of questions.
So how do i get my hair from this:


To this?

And this:

To this?

Quite a difference if i do say so myself.
A while back i was sent a couple of styling tools from Diva who provide professional styling tools at a very reasonable price.

Diva Titanium Conical wand 13mm  £39.98 from sally express

This wand is really easy to use, it heats up in only 30 seconds and can be set between 140 and 200 so great variety. It has a 3m salon cord and although it says the end is cool i still recommend using gloves with this to avoid any burns. Basically you wrap the hair around the wand and hold it for a few seconds before releasing.

What did i think?

This works amazingly well for proper defined curls and adds loads of volume. Its so easy and quick to use and seriously holds the curl. My hair was curly for the next day all day too :) This was my first attempt at using the wand. I love how defined the curls are with this.



 The second styling tool was huge in comparison as you can see from the photo. Designed for volume and huge curls

Diva Hot Tong 38mm £39.98 from Sally Express

Again this tong was really easy to use. Its made of Titanium and is very similar in features to the conical wand. Again the 3m cord and fast heat up time with variable temperatures between 140 and 200. This wand is perfect for big volume and waves.


What did i think?

I liked this tong and it did give my hair loads of volume although i cant help but wonder if a slightly smaller barrel would work better in my hair?
There is no doubt that these stylers are some of the best that I've tried, although I'd expect that with it being a salon brand anyway.
Great value for money and worth a try if you like the big volume slightly wavey look.



 I'm pleased to say that no backcombing was needed for these styles. Just a run through with my fingers and a bit of hairspray was all that was needed.

I think a lot of the end result is due to the size of the barrels. The first one being just 13mm and the second one being 38mm is obviously quite a difference. The diva range also sell a hot wand in 19mm so i would love to try that and see how it compares.

Have you tried either of these yet and which look do you prefer?

22 comments:

  1. Stunning!! I love the pic with the hair band. Love your colour too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ashlie , the pic with the hair band is gawjus....curly hair really suit's you.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing in both styles! You've made me want to go dig my wand out and give it another go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so gorgeous! I really love all of the styles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GORGEOUS with your curls!
    Any style suits you well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both styles look great on you, I have a feeling the super-curly one would make me look like a poodle, but I'd like the softer big curls. I usually get that effect from using rollers, but I think hot tongs might be a faster way to get to the same look, just need to get some money together to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the super curly look on you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those curls on you! They look fabulous! I've had a Babyliss wand for like 2 years now I ordered from the UK, but have yet to get a outlet converter to fit in my US outlets. I need to asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a Babyliss curling wand yesterday! Can't wait to have a go this weekend! I saw this pic when you tweeted, love it! I have a 38mm barrel tong too but it did nothing to my hair, was well upset x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowww..love love your hair..the curls are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curly hair really suits you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really like the first pic with the tighter curls. You really make me want to grow my hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT super cute u rock the style xxx
    www.pinksugarlump.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the curls! I can never get them to stay in, but that wand sounds like just what I need (I don't want a perm as I want to be able to try it out) x Your hair looks so glossy, I love the red! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much ladies for all your lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello I love the girls great post! Quick question though...........did you dye your hair yourself and if so what colour or was it a professional jobbie?? Similar skin colouring to you and stuck in a hair rut would love to know lol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. both looks are fab! I really want a jumbo tong xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sophie Jade, i have it done at a salon as i did try myself and i just couldnt get it anywhere near this colour but i did have a lot of dark brown almost black hair colour still in my hair.
    If your hair hasn't been previously coloured i would say you can get it very similar with a home colour otherwise its a salon job :)
    Hope this help xx

    Thanks Jennifer hun xx

    Victoria i'm surprised you dont have one already. Your hair is goreous xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just noticed in my comment I meant to say I love the curls not girls lol Bit of a typo sorry............ brunette moment!

    Brilliant I might give it a go with a home dye first of all see if I can get similar results I doubt it will come out as red but hopefully I'l be able to see if it suits me before I make a trip to the salon!

    Thanks for your help! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow!!!!your curly hair look like they are styled by a hairstylist!!!I love the volume you look fantastic...I have short hair so this is a dreamy look for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx