Friday 3 June 2011

5 Minute 5 product summer face !

Good morning my lovelies, what a gorgeous day it is here in sunny Barnsley today. I thought id show you my really quick and easy summer Mk up look that literally takes me 5 minutes and I'm out the door.

Great for a natural look and especially great when it means you can set your alarm 20 Min's later than usual.

 Products used

1: First aid Beauty Face Cream 5 in 1: This is brilliant as it moisturises without being heavy and contains factor 30 SPF so ideal for a sunny day. This gives my skin a lovely healthy glow.

2: Prestige Mineral foundation: I love to wear mineral powder in the summer rather than a liquid foundation. I find a light dusting of this one just evens out my skin tone but looks almost makeup free. It stops my skin looking too shiny and feels virtually weightless.

3: My favourite bronzer as seen in the cheapest bronzer on the block post. Honolulu by W7. A sweeping of this on my cheeks, forehead, nose and jaw makes me look sunkissed and because its nice and matte doesn't scream fake bronzer like some do.

4. Julie Hewett Cheekie in the shade peachy: I used this as a lip stain today which is great as it lasts really well and keeps my lips nice and soft. I also patted a tiny amount onto the apples of my cheeks to brighten my face a little bit.

5. Dior Mascara: A quick coat of mascara is all i used on my eyes as i wanted to keep the look fresh and simple and most of all quick.




I love to have lots of time to get ready but on days when i don't then certain products really save the day. I have not bothered with concealer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, highlighter etc.


As the weather is lovely and warm i decided to put on my simple black cotton summer dress. My tan is thanks to Beautylab on my body and st tropez on my face. I applied it a few days ago so its starting to fade a little.

Do you girls have a fail safe 5 min make up routine and what are your summer essentials ?

14 comments:

  1. Your look is so put together! Definitely fail safe :) As a student I usually have bags of time to get ready lol but if I don't it's usually just tinted moisturizer, mascara, blush and bronzer :D If I'm lucky, a paint pot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed fresh and pretty! :) i also did my 5 minute face routine, its posted on my blog. :)

    http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look really fresh and pretty :) hasn't the weather been fab lately! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good lady! Sadly it take me a 'bit' longer than 5 minutes to get ready in the morning.Have seen the First Aid Beauty products but not tried them yet. Like the sound of that cream though.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I think if I left the house with only 5 products on I may scar someone for life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I think I've said it before but I love your hair <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the only mineral foundations i've tried were from elf and loreal, and both quite disappointing... perhaps i should try this one
    i luuuuv your hair right now!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great summer essentials! I tend to be a minimalists when it comes to sumer makeup. Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have great skin i love your 5min makeup look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the peachy as a lip stain; it looks so beautiful with your skin tone & perfect for summer! Did you prep your lips with anything particular? I've actually never heard of Julie Hewett, can you order online? Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for all your comments ladies xx

    perilouslyPale your comment made me laugh but i dont believe that for one minute :) xx

    Thanks for the hair comments girls you are really sweet xx

    LoveIsBrightAndYourMySunShine thanks hun, my skin has improved so much in the last year or so. xx

    Jalin Marie Thanks hun, i didnt need to prep my lips at all. You can buy the cheekie from http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips Nicoletta! I also swear by mineral powder foundations, even in winter. They work quite well with my sensitive skin. Currently using the Elf one but love Prestige products I've tried so far. Where can you find them in the UK? (The ones I got are from the States...) Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hun, they sell prestige in Boots. Well they do at my local one, if not perhaps you could try online?
    Ive not tried the elf one but the prestige one is lovely and they do a good colour selection too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx