Tuesday 25 January 2011

Xen Tan Dark Lotion !

Hello lovely ladies, i am really excited to tell you that i have managed to get my hands on a bottle of the Xen Tan Dark Lotion. Now i was so excited to try this as anyone who reads my blog will know i am a huge xen tan fan.
This new Dark absolute luxe has been over 4 years in the making and instantly appealed to me as it is advertised as the darkest, richest and most luxurious tan to date; one that offers a tan that will last longer than any other fake-tan product.

 I know a few of you may be a bit concerned with the words ultra dark but for me a deep tan is the look i am aiming for when i fake tan. I don't want a barely noticeable change i want to look brown.

Now the formula is coloured so you can see exactly where you are applying and the fragrance is vanilla which is 100% better than any other tanners I've used in the past. I found the tan developed quite quickly and when i washed off the instant colour i was left with a lovely deep, even, streak free tan.



 I even applied a little to my face but only very lightly as my skin is so unpredictable that i wanted to see how it reacted. Luckily it didn't break me out and just gave me a nice glow.
The best thing about this tan in my opinion is the fact that is seems to be taking ages to fade which means i can apply this once a week and be forever bronzed ha.

This tan is for those ladies who like to look like they have a good colour. There is no orange tones but a lovely olive colour. It's perfect for those who often have to apply 2 coats for a decent colour as you only need one application of this to get a great result.
The Xen Tan Dark lotion has knocked spots off my other tans and is sure to become a best seller in my opinion. Priced at £39.99 direct from Xen Tan

12 comments:

  1. Sounds brilliant!!! I hate the smell of fake tan and the fact it never really is dark enough!

    Just out of interest how long does it take to develp and how long did you leave it before you washed the top layer off?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi S_S i applied it in the morning and by 2 hrs i could see myself getting darker. I would say it was about 4 hrs to fully develop but i didn't wash it off till the evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great lotion&it looks great on u hun!!! If I wasnt brown skinned I woulda tried it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be getting some of this :) I know what you mean... I like my tan to look like I've spent 2 weeks in St. Tropez, minus the skin damage ;) I smelt some of my St. Tropez lotion yesterday and I actually can't stand the smell, it's such an obvious fake tan smell so it's got to go! Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this I have been thinking of trying this for a while and it sounds great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks great, great review! think i might pick this one up once ive finished with the one one =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely on you hun, you really suit it!

    I'm tempted to try the lighter shade but get really nervous about trying out new fake tans cause i'm sooo pale!

    Jo, xoxo

    Notes From A Small Dressing Table

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies, i hate the smell of fake tan too. This one is so much better that i actually like the smell for once. Even the bathroom smells nice after i've been applying it.

    Jo, i know how you feel, you hear so many horror stories about tans going wrong but as long as you exfoliate first and take your time to ensure you havent missed any parts then usually the tan comes out pretty well.
    Once you do it once you wont look back xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Nicoletta,

    I have a question for you. My sister recently bought me xen-tan ultra dark from ebay as I love having a dark tan when I applied the lotion it had a shimmery tone to it and was quite thick in consistency (like a moisturising cream) I left it on over night but it didn't go as dark as I thought it would, I have gone darker using st tropez and I was wondering if the product was the real deal or if my sis had been sold a fake. Could you let me know if the lotion I described is consistent with your experience of the tan. Many Thanks and Best Wishes
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo, its hard to tell if something is fake as some of the copies are so good. Saying that i have not heard of any fake xen tan going round. Thats not to say there isnt any.
    I would say it sounds real. I have read very mixed reviews on this tan some saying they thought they might have had a bad batch or something? Sorry i cant be more helpful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources
    back to your website? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit
    from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Thanks a lot!
    Also see my page > kohl eyeliner

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx