Thursday 8 September 2011

Haus of Gloi mini's!

I have been wanting to try some of the Haus of Gloi products for ages but was holding out till the Autumn scents were released. I have heard lots of good things about this Indie company and so waiting for my little order was like waiting for Xmas.
Luckily for me it didn't take long to arrive.


I found choosing what to order incredibly difficult. I tend to like sweet foody type smells and the scents all sounded lovely. Also i have not tried anything at all like these so i ended up buying 6 mini sized products so i could get a good mix and see what i liked the best.

First of all i choose 3 of the Pumpkin Butters which are priced at $4.50 each in 2oz pots.


I wanted to firstly say that the formula for these butters are spot on in my opinion. They are really moisturising but not thick like a lot of butters. The cream feels beautiful and a little goes a long way.

I was particularly impressed that the duo (Husband and wife i believe) make everything from scratch and contain no nasty ingredients.
Now on to the fragrances. Obviously this is all down to personal taste and what i love you might hate and vice verse.

SATYR: Italian Blood Orange drizzled with blackened vanilla. This fragrance is nice but it doesn't wow me. It's a subtle smell of orange but i can't detect a lot of vanilla which disappointed me a little bit.

PUMPKIN EATER: Cream glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla bean and the tiniest touch of nutmeg.
I nearly didn't order this one as Ive not really tried any pumpkin fragrances before but this one blew me away. It's absolutely Delicious smelling, rich, creamy warm and sweet. My favourite smell out of all of the creams. I would love to get this in the full size.

GHOST PUFFS: Orbs of buttery popcorn and marshmallow goo, presented on a wooden stick.
This smells exactly as it sounds, a really sweet almost sickly fragrance but it's not too much for my tastes as it has a bit of a milky base note which somehow stops it from being OTT. 


I had heard that you usually get a sample of fragrance when you order from house of gloi and sure enough when i opened my box i found this little vial of perfume in the fragrance Olde Cider Haus. Now i can hand on heart say that never in a million years would i have ordered this myself but when i opened the vial i can't tell you how beautiful this smells.

Described on the website as old oak, sweet drying hay fields, crushed apple pulp and Vanilla bean husks? To me that sounds nothing but in reality the fragrance is a warm, earthy, slightly sweet ,apple, spicy concoction that has to be tried. Amazing.

Olde Cider Haus!


I also choose 3 bubbling scrubs to try. Again the formula's are perfect. Nice and scrubby with lots of bubbles.
Soft Bubbling Scrubs $3.50

SAFT ERNTE: A merry drink of harvest and glowing with warmth. Peach juice simmering with sweet spices, pumpkin, silken hazelnut cream and made completely curious with a drop of orange blossom water.
This fragrance seems to have a lot going on but they all seem to work together really well creating a lovely warm unusual fragrance. 

PIXIE SORCEROR: Cute, but don't be fooled! Deceptive pomegranate candy floss and beneath it lies a spiteful blend of coffee co2 vetiver and myrrh.
Unfortunately i didn't care for this fragrance, maybe my nose is not sophisticated enough but i found that i could only really smell the coffee in this which i found a bit over bearing.

ELEVENSES: Not quite breakfast and not quite lunch, its the little snack in between. Bring out the old cracked china! Tiny fluffy orange cakes, sugar coated toasted almonds and a wee steaming cup of black tea.

This was the first fragrance that i picked out when choosing as it sounded creamy, sweet with a hint of tea which i thought sounded really inviting. This did not smell how i expected yet i do really like it. The tea smell is quite strong in this but you also get a good balance of the other fragrances coming through. I love how refreshing this particular smell is and am enjoying using it in the mornings for a quick pick me up.


So a quick summery of my first Haus of Gloi order: Notice i said 1st as i can say without a doubt that i will be trying more of these lovely products.
I have realised that i am pants when it comes to choosing a fragrance from a description and the fact that i really should experiment more with trying fragrances.

I am super impressed with the quality and customer service from this company and would urge anyone who has not tried these to give them a go.

All products were purchased by myself and total cost including shipping to the UK was $39.18 which is about £24.50 xx

4 comments:

  1. I love Pumpkin Eater and Saft Ernte too (and don't really like Pixie Sorcerer). Since we seem to have similar taste in scents, and I own LOADS of HoG, I can recommend some scents if you like! Tweet @6ftinheels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently made my first order and awaiting my second:) I haven't yet tried my Pixie Sorcerer but I like Olde Cider Haus, lovely autumn scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great when you find someone with similar tastes, Alex i will be stalking your blog now :)

    Meeta the olde cider haus is beautiful isnt it xx

    Fitznbitz i'm like that i wish they would invent smellyvision so we could sniff before we buy ha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx