Monday 16 May 2011

The cheapest Highlighter on the Block !

After my huge reaction on yesterdays post i thought i'd do a follow up with the cheapest highlighter on the block post about the W7 highlighter which looks to be an atempted copy of the famous Too Faced Pink Leopoard. Yes this too is just £1.99 from savers.

W7 Africa £1.99

Comes with a small flat brush in cardboard square packaging

Left: Too Faced Pink Leopard / Right: W7 Africa

When i first swatched this on my hand i wasn't overly impressed it came out a peachy tone which didnt look particularly exciting and not as shimmery as the too faced one and lighter in colour.
But when i applied it to my face i loved it. Really pretty highlighter slightly golden in tone and so easy to apply.
W7 Africa applied on cheeks

Close up you can see there is no chunky glitter

So again a fantastic bargain price for a really decent quality highlighter.
Let me just say they are not exactly the same, the swatches on my hand came out quite different but i couldn't capture it on camera.
Bearing in mind the snow leopard costs over £20 and this is just £1.99 i think its still a pretty good buy.
What do you think?

18 comments:

  1. I need to find these bargain buys you're getting! I will hunt them down, £1.99 is such good value xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a bargain! I will definitely be looking out for W7- thanks for the heads up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY! I'm a sucker for highlighters and leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd been thinking of getting the Too Faced Leopard bronzer powder doo darr for a while now but might give this one a try as it's soooo much cheaper! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this highlighter but its shoved away in the back of the drawer! Think Ill dig it back out tomorrow after seeing how gorgeous it looks on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love W7 and there blatant copy-cat-ing of Benefit packaging - Benefit seriously over price there products by the way! Love the bargain price.......... still lusting after two face pink leopard (and peach leopard) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks nice on you

    Btw, I'm your latest follower, visit my blog and follow me back if you like http://honeyblondelife.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll also be adding this to my wish list! Where do you get your W7 products? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh what an amazing find! Just checked out your bronzer post too! Hyper-ventilating majorly as there's a Savers near my work & I'm anticipating a visit! I've also not bought Hoola for the same reasons, so badly want the W7 one to try! The highlighter looks lovely too! Thanks so much hun!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. If you dont have a savers near you then fragrance direct sell a lot of the W7 products so you might be able to get these from there.
    Hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super pretty. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post honey,I think hey are both great and love that W7 one on u,Will gab one tomorow@me locals

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe the price, I also can't believe I have a savers where I live and I have never stepped over the threshold, I have a feeling that is about to change. Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute, I doubt I would even use it! I have a horrible habit at buying makeup and not using it because I don't want to ruin it (ex. the Chantecaille turtle's palette). I love the pink brush too. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post hun! I will be checking this out for sure! MY latest favourite Highlight has to be Shimpagne MSF by Mac I LOVE it :) Im so chuffed I have managed to get hold of one xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx