Wednesday 25 May 2011

Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation! (Rave Review )

Hi there ladies, i thought I'd do a quick review on the Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation which i have in the shade Honey. I knew i had to get my hands on this after reading a rave review over at Jo from Beautylicious love  and it has turned out to be Amazing.

Clarins Skin illusion foundation SPF 10 RRP £24

 I'm not going to give you all the bumf about what Clarins say about this foundation but cut to the chase and tell you how i found it.

Gorgeous with a capital G. This foundation is just beautiful, it applies so easily, blends effortlessly, looks natural but covers any imperfections, it leaves a lovely glowy healthy look to my skin. It doesn't settle in the lines, it doesn't look mask like, it feel super light on the skin it really is fabulous.

My only little problem is that after about 8 hrs it starts to look a bit too shiny. That is more than likely because i have an oily t zone. I just pop a bit of powder on and the problems sorted.
 It does however make me feel that if you have an oily skin then maybe this wouldn't be right for you. but anybody that likes a glow, anybody with a few lines or slightly dry skin would love this.

Me happily wearing Clarins Skin Illusion foundation shade Honey

I paired the foundation with a touch of sleek blusher in pan tao and Nars highlighter in orgasm

I Love this combo on my cheeks


I find that at 36 its harder to find the right foundation. If you read my collection post you will see I've tried quite a few. This is up there in my top 5. I apply this with my flat sigma brush and it looks flawless. I've also applied it with my fingers and it still looks just as nice. The SPF 10 is a nice added bonus and it smells gorgeous too.
If you are searching for the perfect foundation then this is one you need to check out.



28 comments:

  1. Aww you look lovely, you always have a gorgeous glow to your skin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Love the foundation on you :)

    Shifa
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww you look great!! The blush is lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, i may try this foundation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to buy this now! So excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a sample of this in a magazine a few weeks ago - it was totally the wrong shade for me but I fell in love with it too! I'm been uhm-ing and ah-ing over whether I can justify the price, but I think this glowing review may just have made my decision! It looks beautiful on you, really natural and glowing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely on you, You look a lot younger than 36! Great blush combo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Im so glad you love it!! You look stunning as always. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn my oily skin, because this foundation sounds amazing and looks stunning on you! I love the mix of Pan Tao and the Orgasm highlighter, it looks like the perfect summer coral blush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wait until you get to 45, it gets no easier, although probably by then one will be able to take a tablet that will give oneself the coverage one needs end of. I love the aforementioned glowiness of it, and it really looks fab on you. Thanks for this. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does look gorgeous! and i love this lip colour on you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks stunning on you! :) It gives you a gorg glow

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look glowy and beautiful. Love it. Now you're tempting me to try this foundation. Wonder if they have a light enough shade for me?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as always! and great to know that this works well for drier skin, will have to have look as its very glowy and pretty looking. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a great product! I might need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, it looks really nice in the pictures too, it photographs well which is always a bonus.
    I blame Jo for making me try yet another foundation but im glad i have :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for following my blog :DDDDDDDDD
    im following your blog to now i love the way the foundation looks on you i gota buy me some sleek blusher in pan tao and Nars highlighter in orgasm it give such a nice glow on you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicoletta this is stunning on you... as you know, I'm already a fan. Your skin looks radiant with the Nars illuminator on top (gutted.com I didn't get a Glossy box!). And hand on heart I can NOT believe you are 36... when we were discussing my age I truly thought you were more like 26! You lucky girl.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh woooow u look absolutely stunning! Your face is glowing! And that cheek combo is goorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww thanks so much ladies you are too lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That combo does looks gorgeous, orange blush is great for summer, and the Nars highlighter looks beautiful...x

    http://followmein5inchheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. this makes you look so pretty!!!!! wow what a glow! *O* Great to read that it suits a drier skin, I'm adding this foundation to my foundations-to-check list heehee (thanks to you) :))) and I feel good about Clarins cause they are more natural I think, thus not harming the skin much, they also have great products, my mom swears by Clarins.

    and I totally agree with you and everyone about the gorgeous blush/highlighter combination, it's so beautiful! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you prefer this one over Lancome Teint Miracle? They look a bit the same to me... gives that glowy look?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there, this feels a lot lighter than the lancome teint miracle. If i wanted a bit heavier coverage i would go for the Lancome but personally i prefer this hth xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is currently on my 'to buy' shopping list LOL! Nice to see a review on it - a lot of beauty bloggers by pass Clarins so you don't see too much on their products less its their skin range (Not their make up).

    Love your blog hun, you don't look your age either ;)

    Mel xxxx
    http://www.30somethingmel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. You don't look 36!! you look great!

    I just tried this foundation and i love it :D

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks really, really great on you! Wow :)

    Linny

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look fabulous and I really like the foundation..I just wanna know if the shade Honey matches MAC nc 25 or not..what is your shade in MAC foundation..

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx