Wednesday 4 August 2010

The soft frenchi look

Do you girls ever get tired of the bright white french tip look? I must admit i am a french polish girl it is by far my favourite look but also i think the hardest to master. When i was first training as a beauty therapist i always wanted my nails to look neat but the bright white is very unforgiving and if you make even a tiny mistake it is pretty obvious.
So instead of a bright white i would often use a really soft peachy/milky white which looks really natural but still a lot neater. I would usually do 2 coats of tip over the top of a pink tinged polish and then a top coat.


If you want to look closer click on the photo :)
The pinky is with the natural tip colour and the other finger is without. I found this a great way to practise french polish before i moved onto the bright white, also its a great natural look for interviews etc when you might want to look well groomed. I always call this the soft frenchi because its a softer version of a french polish.
I know this is not everyones cup of tea but i just thought i would share this idea as i know how hard it can be to do a perfect french polish.

5 comments:

  1. this is really nice, what colour would you recommend? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sophie, the colour i used was creative cold shoulder but any off white colour would do the job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this look :) when white polish chips it's so noticeable, this looks much easier to wear x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx