Wednesday 8 December 2010

Blinging heck it's xmas !

Sorry for the cheesy title this morning. I love xmas and i always try and make our home nice and festive looking for the kids as i think it's one of the best bits about the xmas period. This plus the fact that i happen to love a bit of bling and sparkle makes it a fab excuse to hunt out all that glitters in abundance.

 I decided to go for a traditional coloured theme this year for a change. I had great fun decorating the tree this year with the kids.



Santa had to be featured of course. The little Santa on the right is designed to hold a tea light and light up. The little snow village is fiber optic and changes colour. So pretty.

 The window ledge has lots of glass beads and tiny fairy lights too.


 Rocco's favourite is the snowman.




The house looks so pretty at night when i light the lanterns and switch on all the fairy lights. These pink stars are strung across the fireplace in the lounge. The rest of the xmas decorations are in the dining room as that's where there is the most space and where we will spend most of xmas day.


 The nativity. I always like to have a little nativity set out on display. The kids love to play with these and after all i think the meaning of xmas is sometimes lost and little things like this are a good reminder.
Have you got your decorations up yet?

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful decoration! I love the Xmas tree, the lantern and the fairy lights so much! Have a wonderful Chirstmas time, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how pretty ideas for Christmas decorating!
    I'm so jealous because this year it's impossible to set our Christmas tree in the living room, there's just no room!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at that christmas tree reminds me that christmas is near..I'm so excited to celebrate christmas this year.. Look the decoration hun..Very creative..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It looks fantastic! I'm unfortunatly away at work until the 22nd so I don't get the joy of seeing all the lovely decorations until then! I'm excited to see my family though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see that you've truly gone to town decorating the house :o)

    freakytortoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. orgeous images:)
    Really put me in the festive mood!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I have one of those stables with all the christmas peeps! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the decorations! Am gonna try and put up my tree this weekend :) LovelyGirlieBits

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww <3 so lovely ,,
    wish u great n blessed holiday hun =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Christmas tree, I haven't put any up yet but i'm looking forward to it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful decoration hun! :) I still haven't done anything lol! Your son is soooo cute! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your decorations and tree look absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fantastic! I love the traditional colours and it looks really cosy. I always go for green, gold and red too because I just think it makes the house so festive and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely hun! Its very samiliar to how our home is decorated :) My little boy loves all the decs, more the better ha ha! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx