Thursday 16 December 2010

super simple smokey eyes

I love the smokey eye look. It is my favourite look of all time. Be it soft and smokey or dark and intense and just about everything in between. I know a lot of people say they find it the hardest look to do so i thought I'd share my easiest smokey look. It takes 5 mins and i think it's subtle enough for everyday but still looks a bit sexy for a night out.


 The first product i apply is MAC Blackground paint pot. I find this works great as a base and the almost black colour instantly gives a bit of depth to the eyes. I apply this just to the lid without blending.
Step 2 with a soft brush apply Barry M black gold dust over the lid on top of the base colour.
Step 3 Using a clean soft brush blend it out.
Step 4 Apply a soft pencil under the eyes ( i used gosh Metallic brass ) & add mascara.

Smokey eyes done.

Obviously this is subtle, you can add winged liner, falsies etc but i just wanted to keep it simple like the title suggests ha.
The reason it is so easy as well is that the barry m pigment is quite sheer so it sticks well to the base but blends out really easily :)



I wore it with MAC Angel lipstick and added just a hint of blusher as it was daytime and i didn't want it to look too full on.

Do you have a combo that you turn too for a quick and easy smokey look?

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty, easy look! :) I always turn to MAC's Print when I wanna do an easy smokey eye. Obviously smokey doesn't have to involve colors like grays, charcoals, blacks but when I think of 'smoke' I think of gray so I always reach for Print :) If I want a really dramatic look then I use NYX's jumbo pencil in Black Bean :)I love Angel, it's my favorite MAC lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Shadestick in Sharkskin is an easy cheat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I think a smokey eye is very easy to put together! You did this one beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love, gonna try this pronto :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty look,I love it. Thank you for teaching me e simple smokey eye look. U look amazing hun

    ReplyDelete
  7. im your 500th follower!!! yay! great look of the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. super lovely!!! but you always look great, so what's new?
    How have you been by the way honey?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pretty! I'm going to have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, and I'm surprised by how simple it is. It looks like you applied a transition colour to the crease and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty and quite simple! I also love brown or violet/purple smokey eyes (the latest is my favourite for this winter). Congratulations for all your followers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simple and pretty look ,, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks girls, your comments always make me smile x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx