Monday 11 April 2011

Fabulous Face Masks !

Hello gorgeous girlies, i know that you all know i like a bit of pampering now and then and so a weekly face mask has become part of my routine. I love trying different ones to see how they rate. I thought i would show you the four that i am using at present which i like to alternate.



Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

I love to use this mask when my skin is feeling a bit oily or when i have a breakout as it really seems to draw out the impurities and tighten up my pores.
The smell is lovely and fresh it reminds me of spearmint toothpaste ha.
The mask is quite a thick green cream which dries in about 10 minutes. Great for a quick deep cleanse.
I first saw this on someones blog in America but am pleased to see it selling in the UK too. In fact Ive just found it on Paks online shop for just £2.49. They are selling the cleanser as well which i might try and buy soon to see if its as good.
Anyone ever brought anything from there before?


Then i have my Flash Relax Mask by Monu

Flash Relax Mask £29.50

I like to use this if my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated or if I'm going out somewhere i will apply this before my makeup as its more of a gentle mask which seems to help plump up my skin and leaves it looking instantly softer, smoother and fine lines are less visible.
This applies as a clear gel and it doesn't dry so you can leave it on for a while and just relax.
Every once in a while i will apply a deep cleansing mask then pop this on for 5 minutes afterwards to put back some of the moisture into my skin and it leaves my skin feeling lovely and smooth. A kind of double wammy treat :)

This mask is full of fabulous ingredients including Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Vitamin B5 and ginseng.



I also love my Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask 75ml £12.75

 I love to use this mask when my skin is having an outbreak or feeling unbalanced. Oily and dry patches. Unfortunately this sometimes happens :(
This mask contains highly concentrated clay and manuka honey to draw out impurities and calm the skin.
Out of all the masks this is the one that i have used for the longest time. A great price for such a quality product.
I look like Ive been mud wresting after applying this mask but the results speak for themselves.


Finally is the Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask


Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask £23.00 6 Treatments

I use this mask when my skin is looking dull. This has the most gorgeous fresh fruity fragrance. I love how the product comes in little packets so its easy and clean to apply. This mask contains powerful antioxidants and gently exfoliates the skin removing trapped impurities.
My skin always looks instantly brighter after using this and feels lovely and soft.

Do you have a favourite mask to recommend for my next purchase and do you use a face mask at all?

23 comments:

  1. Nice post! I really like the liz earle mask and I would like to try the one from Murad x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I saw the Murad mask the other day but skipped over it, might go back and give it a go now. Thanks Nic, great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the one by Murad! Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted the mint julep one for the longest time, think I will pick it up now - unfortunately near £30 mark is too much for me to justify on a face mask! eek! lol

    Stacey xx

    http://nude-obsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Liz earle mask, such a great product! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to try the liz earle mask!! My skin is so awful atm.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the Liz earle one! I love face masks I only have one at the moment its the Good things goji berry one, which doesnt really have any effect on my skin at all "/ oooh well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll definitely have to try the Liz Earle mask, I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's amazing how inexpensive it is compared to some of the other masks you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Liz Earle one as I have heard such great things about her products!

    I'm currently trying out a Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed face mask...which seems to be good so far but I'll no doubt do a proper review on it at some point :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm intrigued by the Murad mask! I'm always after bright looking skin, these sachets must be pricey, though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used face mask but they're nothing too fab to talk about! XD
    I mostly used asian brands as they're easier to find and is definitely cheaper than western brands.
    I used Nature Republic (korean brand) Home Made Recipe Pack and Etude House Moistfull mask. I love Mask sheet a lot though but I seldom splurge on them. My fav is from Sunplay (Japanese brand)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm... I love Liz Earle masks too! I think the moisturising one is amazing becuse it goes all hard, yet when you wash it off your skin is really moisturised!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd really like to try the Liz Earle one as I've heard so much about it x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourite mask is Origins Out of Trouble I've been using it for a year now and have repurchased it twice :) I love it. Great for when I have blemishes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. MY FAVOURITE MASK IS FROM SIMPLE,I NEED TO TRY THAT LIZ EARLE ONE,THANX FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My cousin loves that Mint Julep one and has been urging me to try it...I think I'll pick one up soon this week and try it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good info here. I want to give MURAD a try. I'm suffering major dull skin now.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, great post! I've wanted to try the Mint Julep masque for ages, I might get it from that site. The Murad mask sounds lovely too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing. I need to find a really good mask. The last one I tried started burning second after I put it on. Craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got the queen of helene scrub last week and I love it. Smells good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have used many masks over the years and my favourite one, the one I go back to time and time again is the Elemis Fruit Active Rejuvinating Mask. No matter what is wrong with my skin, this mask always makes me look like I've had a salon facial in ten minutes xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the mint julep!

    http://fashionaffair08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for all your comments everyone xx

    Jude that sounds good i might have to check that one out next time. Thanks for the rec xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx