Friday 22 April 2011

Battle of the Blackest!

When you think how many black eyeliners there are on the market its unsurprising that some of them can let us down a bit in terms of colour payoff and lasting ability. I'm not talking about about liquids or gels but a good black eyeliner pencil is probably many a girls best friend, so i thought I'd show you my favourites.

My 5 Faves

Swatches Top: Avon Supershock £6
                2nd: Barry M Intense eyeliner Black £3.99
                Middle: Urban Decay 24/7 Zero £13.00
                Gosh: Velvet Touch liner black ink £4.49
                Bottom: Prestige Total intensity Deepest Black £5.49


Avon Supershock is my latest purchase and it hasn't let me down. Beautiful rich deep black which is so easy to apply and even lasts well on the waterline. At just £6 it is a bargain and i really do prefer it over my Urban Decay 24/7 liner.


Long Term Love Affair is with Prestige Intensity. The bottom swatch. This is the Blackest out of all 5 liners. Perfect for a really dramatic look. It also lasts like crazy. Once its on it doesn't move. I even find it to be waterproof so perfect for holidays. Again a bargain price at just £5.49

 

Do you have a favourite black eyeliner? Do you stick to the same brand or are you always searching for the perfect one ???



16 comments:

  1. Avon is my blackest blask! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww all of them are awesome!! thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'd love to try the Prestige one - I've never ordered from AVON so don't really know how lol. Thanks for this, very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually did a post like this last week and the blackest one i could find at the mo was the new Bourjois smoky effect in Ultra Black, its fab!! must try that Avon one out though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is Maybelline's Gel Liner which is a really intense black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still looking for my HG black pencil, I love gel eyeliners for the lid but finding a pencil that lasts on the water line is another matter. I may try the Prestige one as it's such a good price. Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  7. how does one actually find their local avon rep??? help x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies i will be checking some of those out that you have mentioned.

    As for Avon Copy and paste this link to find your nearest representative
    http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/connect_with_rep.page
    hope it helps xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the urban decay ones but heard so many good things about the avon, i'll have to try that next! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prestige looks good! I've never tried their products before though, will be having a look next time I'm out shopping. I usually use Smolder by MAC but that can smudge sometimes. Urban Decay's Zero is pretty good too I find x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Avon one and Rimmel kohl in jet black

    great post hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just going through my eyeliners the other day, and realize all I have is liquid liner. It is time for me to go out and purchase some new "black" eyeliner. So great to have all of these reviews! It should be a lot easier to come out with a fabulous color!
    Xoxo,
    Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  13. My faves are Gosh and Avon Supershock :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Avon's Supershock but the one eyeliner I ALWAYS go back to is Bourjois Khol and Contour! It's perfect.. Well I think it is :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!!..Great eyeliner..All of them look very pigmented and super black..Thanks for sharing hun..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hardly use black eyeliner, tend to go more more deep browns, violets, plums, greys... I have a Prestige waterproof that I really like. But my all time favourites are NYC waterproof eyeliners. They don't budge at all. Haven't tried Avon though...Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx