Monday 4 April 2011

Spot Saviours !

Today's post is about Spots. Not the most glamorous of topics but if you suffer with outbreaks like me then sometimes these types of posts can be the most helpful.
I love reading about products that help Spot prone skin because even at 35 i still get spots.

Luckily i have found a couple of products that really seem to help when i have a flare up.


Liz Earle Spot On !


Spot on comes in a 6ml Roller ball priced at £7.90

This little spot busting find contains Tea tree oil, Melissa and Lavender to soothe and calm spots and pimples.
I love how this seems to take spots down so quickly and reduces redness and swelling. You only need a small amount as you apply it directly on the affected area so even though it's just 6ml it's long lasting so great value for money.
This is the first product i reach for when i start to feel that horrible tingle under the skin when you know a beauty is just waiting to erupt.


The 2nd amazing product i have been using which really seems to be helping to normalise my skin is:

 Aromatherapy Associates Refining Face Oil


 Priced at £37 available from Aromatherapy Associates

Now i have been applying this every night without fail and it has made such a difference to my skin. I am always very wary of applying oil on my spot prone skin as some products seem to make things worse.
This particular product though seems to have a purifying effect on my skin. After using this i wake up with my skin looking less oily and spots seem to be reduced. It also seems to have a healing effect and so spots seem to clear up a lot quicker than normal.

The ylang ylang and lavender are really fragrant which i love but if you don't like a strong fragrance then it might not be for you. I find the smell quite relaxing and i like to massage it into my skin as a bit of a night time ritual.

I love the fact it is non greasy but yet it feels like it is feeding my skin with goodness.


At my age i have to be careful as a lot of the products for spot prone skin seem to be really harsh and can be far too drying. That's why i love the gentle approach of these two products.
Do you suffer with spots and if so what are your favourite products that you recommend ???


17 comments:

  1. I am a person considered offensive to society, nineteenth century tell a thousand views, I visited your blog and I love, a hug from Reus Catalonia and many thanks for visiting my blog, you are a very brave person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a spot sufferer indeed and spot on is doing wonders for me! the oil looks super though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think i might give liz earles spot on a try .. suffering with a few spots lately its a nightmare! x

    http://jlalambmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to check out the Liz Earle Spot On, I've never managed to find a product that really works for me before x

    http://makeupmonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so excited to try Liz Earle's Spot On but unfortunately they don't sell it on the U.S. website :(
    I really enjoyed this post and would love to try both of these products since they seem very natural and soothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to suffer with spots and am a strong believer in the fact that different product work for different people. I tried Clinique 3 step & blemish solutions, dior, avon, lush, neutrogena, garnier, clearasil, clean and clear and dermalogica to name a few, but in the end, Soap & Glory wipes and Catch A Wrinkle cream work for me, as well as Soap & Glory face scrub, and Origins Spot Remover.
    Sarah
    sparkle-and-grey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the Vichy Normaderm system. I somehow starteded suffering from cystic acne, which is horrible!! My jawline is so scared, but... The other morning in the shower I used my foot file (yes,... I know that sounds ridiculous) and gave my face a gentle scrub. I couldn't believe the difference it made in my skin. Not only has the scarring started to fade, the texture of my skin is fantastic. Oh... and just to clarify... I hadn't used the foot file on my feet. Seems to be doing the trick. So no matter how quirky it sounds, its working...

    ReplyDelete
  8. never heard of these products...I currently use clinique's 3step and I'm ok..aromatherapy accosiates sounds good do you know if it is available in Greece? nice post Nicoleta very very usefull!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im using a garnier pure active roll on with 2% Salicylic acid, it works quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Spot On too. I used to use an Origins spot treatment for when I had the occasional blemish but it was very drying and made my skin flaky sometimes, but the Spot On is lovely and non-drying, and smells good too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your comments. I have to agree that there are so many different products out there that finding one that works for you can be a nightmare at times.
    Through trial and error my skin has really improved but believe me there is still room for a lot of improvement. Im always searching for the perfect routine.

    I particularly like these two products at the moment though

    Corrine, if something is working for you then thats brilliant. I hate scarring i have some too and have a few products which seem to help. I will update a post on them soon.

    Once again all your comments are really appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been using just pure tea tree oil on my spots, does the job but takes a few days so may have to give the Spot on a go, surprised at how cheap it is to be honest. Looking forward to post on products to help with scarring as have quite a bit on my face where i suffered bad acne in my teens.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post dear,may try that Liz Earle,currently hav this Simple spot zapper think about£5,00 and its quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear by this stuff!

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had never heard of the Refining Face Oil before, sounds like good stuff though! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it has been around for years, but i use sudocrem on any spots i get.
    Its the best thing i've tried and always does the job

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really glad you did a post about this Nicoletta! As much as its a topic nobody likes admitting they have a problem with, I too suffer from spot-prone skin so it's good to hear some recommendations. I use a tea tree water toner from Lush which lasts me ages if I get the big bottle, that might be worth a try too. jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx