Sunday, 25 July 2010
E.L.F Desert Haze Polish & TIPS for a yummy mummy
Now onto a different subject. Children. I often have people say to me they don't know how i have time to do my makeup, paint my nails etc when i have 2 children. The answer to that is cheat.
I think we all put so much pressure on ourselves as mums to be the perfect mum, to breast feed, to take the children to play group, to make home made dinner every night, to dress them perfectly, to be the perfect wife, friend, lover. To lose weight and be just as thin after children as before, to look gorgeous, full makeup tan etc all the time. Keep the house spotless, read bedtime stories every night and wear high heels all day.
ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN
No body can do all that and still be sane so i do what i can, when i can and that will do for me. The most important thing is to keep yourself happy and that will rub off onto your family. When i am miserable so is everyone else in my house.
I have days where i wear no makeup, old jeans and t shirt, greasy hair, hairy legs ( you get the picture )
I have days where the washing is so high i worry if it falls over there will be an earthquake.
I have days when KFC , crisps and chocolate are the only the only things i can think of for dinner ( those days are rare)
What i'm trying to say is i'm normal. I refuse to spend my time worrying that i'm not perfect.
But most of the time i love being being a mum and keeping myself looking nice keeps me happy. These are my tips for combining mummy & beauty:
1. Showers are a god send. Put toys in the bottom of the shower and put little ones in with you. I did this from the time my son could sit up. He loves it. The sooner they get a feel for water the better and you can have a nice shower that takes longer than 3 mins.
2. Face masks. Apply a face mask and then play being a dinosaur or a monster for 10 mins while it sets this keeps little ones amused and gives the mask time to set.
3. Save painting nails for when little ones are in bed and use a fast dry top coat just in case. I tuck little ones into bed then make a nice cuppa then sit down for 20mins paint my nails drink cuppa and really enjoy the peach and quiet.
4.Enjoy the sunshine. Get yourself a tan in the garden but keep little ones heads covered, and lots of high factor sun block in the shade.
5. Keep cosmetics, nail polish etc out of reach as much as possible to avoid multicoloured kids.
6. Give kids there own baby cream in small amounts they love putting it on themselves while you apply your own cream it keeps them busy and makes them nice and soft too.
7. Have at least 1 evening a week when kids are in bed to pamper yourself. Sod the ironing it will still be there tomorrow.
8. Set your alarm at least 30mins before kids usually get up if you want to look particularly nice that day. It's amazing how much you can get done in half hr without children.
9. Don't worry when you look a mess, your children will always think you are the most beautiful woman in the world.
10. Always give tonnes and tonnes of kisses and cuddles. Children who feel loved and secure want less attention leaving you more time.
These are the things that work for me and while i am still learning i thought it might be a useful post to someone out there. xx
Posted by nicoletta at 14:50