For years i could only get my hair to a certain length. I would do what the hairdressers suggested, having it cut regularly etc etc but nothing seemed to work but now my hair is the perfect length.
Now I'm not saying that my hair is in perfect condition because unfortunately it's not but it is shiny and its not full of split ends and it's long yaaay.
This is not necessarily the way to do it, but it works for me, so here's what i do:
- Changed my regular shampoo & condition for either SLS free products the majority of the time.
- Washed my hair every 3 days rather than 2 (used dry shampoo inhbetween if needed) Less shampooing means less blow drying , styling damage)
- Only use straighteners, curling irons about twice a few times a week. ( messy updos in between )
- When tying hair up use smooth bobbles ( those with metal on them ones can snag and damage your hair )
- Don't cut hair as regularly, sorry but if i get my hair cut every 6/8 weeks it isn't getting any longer. But watch for split ends. Nobody knows your hair like you so you know how long you can go before your hair needs a cut. For me it was every 10/12 weeks.
- Don't be afraid of semi-permanent colour. The hair colours these days can be packed with good stuff to deeply condition hair and make it lovely and shiny. Just choose a shade similar to your own unless you are confident in colouring your hair.
- Use good quality body building products and if you need to backcomb do it really gently . ( i love sexy hair products, but there are loads of good ones)
- Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week or a hot oil.
- Never brush your hair when it's wet & use a protection spray when blow drying/ using heat.
- If you can get away with it leave your hair to dry naturally ( I know that's a big fat IF)