Monday 6 February 2012

Well Hello Halo!

Long hair will always be a girls best friend in my book and if I'm honest I'm a bit naughty when it comes to regular hair cuts as i like to have my hair as long as possible and I'm always scared the hairdresser will cut too much off. I've worn hair extensions on and off for years but as my hair is very fine i struggle as the clip in ones always show if I'm not careful which makes me paranoid about wearing them unless its in a dark nightclub lol.

So recently i was invited to try the Halo Hair extensions which are a little bit different as they don't have the conventional clips but instead its 1 waft of hair (Double thickness i imagine) that is held in place by an invisible thin band which sits on the crown of your head. Hence the name Halo!

I was sent the light brown shade


I coloured mine a little darker to match my own hair exactly but you can buy the hair to match your own with a wide choice of shades ranging from lightest blond to jet black


The clear wire is totally transparent and cannot be seen once its placed properly in the hair. Its really easy to apply you basically take the upper section of hair and place the weft onto the head and pull some of your own hair out over the top of the clear band  until it sits right and feels secure. 

It feels very lightweight and secure in the hair once its in and is a LOT easier to insert than regular clip in extensions.


I have had so many compliments on these extensions and all my friends want some now they have had a glimpse of these. I would wholeheartedly recommend them especially for ladies with fine hair.




My Halo is the 20" and costs £89.99. They are also available in 16" if you don't need them as long as this. The friendly people at Halo will even match your hair colour for you if you are unsure so makes the choice that much easier. I will do a You tube video at some point to show how easy these are to wear and maybe try some up do's etc. Check out the Halo website for more info.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you would never know that it is not your own hair, what an ingenious system too. I have always been put off using hair extensions as I too have fine hair and was always worried I would struggle with the clips. This looks so much easier and user friendly:) Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive really been thinking about getting one of these, im sooo paranoid about the extension clips too as my hair isnt very thick. I just didnt want to look like i was wearing a wig and it would have to match perfect. I do love the idea of this x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm glad you like the Halo! What has really impressed me with mine is the quality of the hair. So soft and thick.
    As usual, you look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Halo clip in extensions and love them, might have to try this version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested in this but can't quite understand how it works without bunching your hair up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is great, I think in terms of wear you'd get, it's good value for money. When you think how much extensions to thicken/lengthen are this is a bargain! & saves time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long os your natural hair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your replies, it's quite difficult to describe how to apply this but in reality its really easy so I will do a video so I can show those of you who want to see it.
    Anonymous hello there, my hair is long but very fine naturally. These extensions add a good 4 inches to the length of my natural hair x

    ReplyDelete
  9. you would never tell these were fake. great review x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mermaid hair indeed.....you look utterly butterly! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you able to put you hair up in a ponytail etc and it stays in place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes you can put it up still with no problem. Its really good as it adds a lot of volume to up styles x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all your comments, i appreciate each and everyone xx